Sunday, October 14, 2012

Password organizer


A few days ago I received an email from Google warning me that someone in Mexico attempted to access my account. Was this me?

Ummmm, no.

And, yes, it was a good catalyst to do what I know I should be doing, and have planned to do-- use weirder passwords and change them more often.

Of course, in doing that, I'd have a more difficult time remembering them. So, I decided to create a password organizer. I guess if someone goes to all the trouble to break into my house and take it along with all the electronics, I'll be out of luck. But they'll have a pretty little password organizer!

First, I Googled terms like "password organizer template" and looked at what information these various examples used. I used Caslon Antique Italic font and arranged my information, knowing that I also wanted to incorporate graphics from The Graphics Fairy. I chose to use a Remington typewriter, Engineer's compass, hand holding a card, and men in ties above a sign. I created two to a page in landscape and cut in half. The left side I left straight and the other sides I cut with a deckle edge.

The cover was done with the lady with binoculars graphic from the Graphics Fairy. I ran some yellow card stock through my Cuttlebug and embossed with D'vine swirl. The blue and white striped oval came from Minerva paper in the 5th avenue Melissa Frances 6X6 pad. The paper upon which "passwords" is stamped came from Die Cuts With a View Mademoiselle stack. I also found a random purple button in my button jar... I hope I won't need that button later. I can't remember what it came from. I used my Crop a Dile Big Bite to punch a hole for the button and put a bit of Modge Podge on the button's underside before I pushed through. Hope it holds.

Then I worked on the back of the front cover as well as both sides of the back cover. I didn't show the back cover because on it I describe how I create my passwords.



Inside front cover. Printed paper (including cut out silhouette) from Mademoiselle stack.


Detail of inside front cover.
The book rings I bought at Staples are really too big for this tiny book. I plan to replace them someday. Now, hopefully I can keep random people out of my accounts, and hopefully I can keep track of my passwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment